Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year Resolutions

Its time to do a ritual I've never attempted before. There are many resolutions that i've taken, like not wasting time on movies, sitcoms and Facebook, studying more and such. Those, I've broken. And broken often. So, I cannot really say I've kept my resolutions. But this time that a new year is lurking behind the corner and I'm motivated, I may even end up following it. So why not give it a go?

So without much further boring, here it is, in no particular order.

1. Try not to be sadistic
Surprisingly this is the biggest comment that has tormented me, especially at the end of the year by someone who cares about me. Well, true or not, I'm going to change that. I'll be kind, polite and smiling always.

2. Do my Kriya, try to be a little more fit
Well this has come because of my own concerns about myself. Understandable, eh?

3. Learn Python, Ruby
Been working on it, but didn't make any serious leads in it. Now that one whole year is ahead of me, I'll struggle. Well, I'll leave the specifics for myself.

4. Read more books
I want to read atleast 12 more books, one per month. In dire conditions, I'll postpone but I want to finish 12 in the end.

5. Learn a Foreign Language.
French has been my dream from long. But I never dared to learn it! Didn't even take the first step. This year I'll do something in this direction.

6. Do a worthy project.
Decided to spend the vacation by learning what I'll need to do a project. But now that it has become an utter failure, I'll have to stop being lazy and start learning seriously.

7. Score 10 in atleast 4, if not all. - All academic aims
Ok, I agree this is not all that important and all, but I'll have to do something to get my grades going North. I'll study better, attend all classes and follow up properly. I'll mail the profs when the time is right, I'll talk to my teachers on a regular basis and execute point 6. I'll be better.

8. Build atleast 24 codes
I'll build atleast 24 codes from scratch, muddle with them. That'd mean 2 per month. Its possible. I'll go through bug lists, try to fix them. I'll make this my hobby. 'I Love Debugging!'

9.  This one stands for all those resolutions that flock into my mind when i wait to decide what should be in this lonely spot. Just to clarify to myself i'm not ditching all that i didn't write here!

10. Maintain this blog and blog when I have an overload of thoughts! :D

I know its geeky. Well, Geeky is Good. Rest will fall in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment