Friday, June 15, 2012

Avoiding Social Connections

So I've decided to go off facebook for a month, the remaining time of my internship. Inspired by this post, and tempted by all the possible positive outcomes, I've now decided to experiment. No facebook, no twitter.

I'll keep this blog updated about how I'm finding it.

UPDATE Sat Jun 16, 11:46:

In 20 minutes, I feel the urge to use Facebook. This certainly is going to be an adventure.

UPDATE Mon Jun 18, 19.55:

1. This is having drastic effects on my Internet usage. I bought a 200Mb package for internet, assuming i might not cross the limit for atleast 15 days. Well, it got over in 1 day. The reason: Since i don't have Facebook to browse, which i did for most part of my online time, I had to use the same time doing something else - this massively expanded the amount of data i used. This is a positive in one way, because I am gaining much more knowledge (i WAS gaining knowledge all the way that day). This is one positive/negative.

2. I unknowingly put facebook.com in the addressbar and pressed go and switched tabs. Then i realized it, closed the tab then and there. I couldn't resist the '(12) Facebook' on the title, but well, I wont use facebook :D

No comments:

Post a Comment